Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day & Cougar Fun Run

Happy Mothers Day to all of you!!  Hope you had a wonderful day and got to spend time with the ones who make you the happiest but work you the hardest too.  The hardest job you never want to quit.  My family started by getting up nice and early to exercise, since we knew we would be pigging out.  We headed out first to Chesterfield, MO. mall for some Cheesecake Factory.   Yummmmmm!!

Cheesecake Factory
After we stuffed ourselves silly, we rolled over to West County Mall in Saint Louis for some vacation shopping along with getting a beautiful bracelet for myself.  I will post pics and links for this bracelet tomorrow.  Each of my kids picked out charms that described themselves and described me.  It means a lot.  We walked about 10 miles over the course of the day, from one end of that mall to another.  Great place to shop.  The mall has a ton of shops and is so clean.  Plus, the parking is plentiful.  I would rank it the best mall in the Saint Louis area.


Overall, I would say it was a great day. 

  
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!


This morning was a early morning once again.  This week in general is going to be hectic.  As we wind down the school year, we have a million things going on.  Not only is school hectic (9 days left), life in general is a whirlwind.  That is OK though, b/c I thrive on fast paced.  I love having a ton of things to do.  My feet and mind may hurt, but it's better than being bored.  But as I was saying, today was our COUGAR FUN RUN.  Haley (co-worker and b/f/f of mine) and I put together this activity for all of our classes to do.  Originally, it had started out as a COLOR RUN, but there were too many technicalities, so we had to settle for the revised version.  The students all ran or walked a 1.5 mile course, stopping at different stations along the way.  These stations consisted of healthy snacks, water and then each student would get their t-shirt stamped by a tshirt.  The shirts on the front said COUGAR RUN, and on the back said YOU DESERVE A PAW ON THE BACK.  The students afterwards signed their classmates and our t-shirts and we signed theirs.  We had music playing and at one point the students even broke out into a massive ZUMBA dance I had taught them.  What a wonderful day and what a wonderful "teacher" moment.  These are the days and the moments that make teaching WONDERFUL because you know you made a difference. 

COUGAR FUN RUN



No comments:

Post a Comment