Friday, May 18, 2012

Good but SAD last days

Well today is a checkpoint in my life.  My little guy is graduating from Preschool to the big Kindergarten.  My daughter will no longer be a freshman after her last stressful final today either.  It's a year of good but SAD last days for me as a mother.  Although, I do look forward to no longer paying daycare....EVER again.

Kylee's high school softball team won their first regional game vs. Anna the other day.  It was a dramatic game, full of stress BUT turned out in our favor.  The girl's played til the last second and that was the difference in the game.  Kylee had a great game, going 2-3 at the plate, and plating 2 of the 3 runs we scored that day.  Not only did they win, but Kylee also broke the single season hits school record with that game.  The record was 54, and Kylee broke it with 56.  As a freshman, I'd say she has a lot to be proud of.  I know I am proud too. 

Our school had a talent show the other day in which I was a judge.  We only had six acts total, and a fellow teacher who killed it on his sax.  The students really stepped up and cheered each other on.  It's not easy getting up in front of your peers and doing something like that.  We had a great time being judges though.  Plus, I have to give a shout out to my good friend Haley for looking great as the MC. 
 

Well the countdown is on.  I have 4 days left of work, and Florida is right around the corner. 






No comments:

Post a Comment